At 1249's recent general union meeting on Friday the Local's Political Registrars talked about next month's Election. A critical item on this year's ballot is if we as New York residents want a Constitutional Convention. This is an off year when it comes to elections and history shows us that we as union members don't show up at the ballots on off years. Please watch this informative video to give you answers to what the constitutional convention is and how critical it is for union members to vote NO on this:
- When is the election?
- Tuesday, November 7th, 2017
- Where is the question going to be on whether I want a Constitutional Convention?
- The question will be proposition #1 on the back of the ballot. After you vote on your elected officials turn it over and VOTE NO to a constitutional convention.
- How do I get an absentee ballot and when does it have to be turned in so I can vote while I am working on the road?
- As a voter you must apply by a certain date to your local board of elections to receive an absentee ballot. After you apply, the board of elections will mail you an absentee ballot that will need to be postmarked no later than November 6th 2017.