Monday, October 30, 2017
Regretfully, I have bad news to report. On Saturday, October 28th, there was a fatality in Delaware. Working for MJ Electric, a JL from Texas was killed while working on a de-energized 230KV Line on Delmarva Power property. The cause of the incident is still under investigation however the preliminary and unofficial report shows that the worker was manipulating grounds without the use of a hotstick. Please take time to consider the following:
- NEVER install or remove grounds by hand
- Maintain an equipotential zone
- Conduct thorough tailboards to identify potential hazards and how to mitigate them
- If you see something, say something-we cannot afford to look the other way or not speak up
- Ask yourself "What's the worst that can happen?"
We all need to stay committed to safety. There isn't a job out there that can't be performed safely.